Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday 2/06

(Claire McIlvenny) - 01:43
Ah, the blog - my old friend. How I've missed you. I feel like I have been neglecting my blog duties.

Anyway, the main story of the night is that grace was again called. I'm actually rather annoyed - it's not even raining anymore. I know it was horrible outside with the swamp that is K-Ville, but this is TENTING. It is meant to be tough. Hm, I dunno. Next time grace is called, I'll probably just stay in the tent. I still haven't slept out there / been in the tent since black tenting so I'm clearly very distressed / having withdrawal symptoms.
At around 21:30 last night (Friday) I began the walk over to K-Ville to remove my sleeping bag from the Fortress and put it in the actual tent (I don't know why, the Fortress is clearly the best structure in all of K-Ville). As I was walking through Crowell, I saw Tim out of the corner of my eye. I think he was on the phone so he did not see me. I assumed his shift was over and thought this was perfectly normal. About 100 steps further, Mark from the Wilson Black Tent informed me that grace had been called. AHH how irritating. I'm scheduled to sleep in the tent tonight (Saturday) so I'm excited that I can finally christen the tent with my presence.

The quote of today (yesterday) was from Cameron.
Cameron, Tim, Robert and I were walking to the bus to get to the Men's Doubles Tennis Match which started at 6pm. We left East Campus at 5.40 to be IN K-Ville by 5.45. Many of you will know - this is impossible. As we leave the Marketplace and see a bus in the distance...

Cameron: It is imperative that we get on that...
*Bus drives away*
Cameron:...bus.

(Tim Lin) - 04:32
You may be thinking, "What?! 04:32?! That's really late!! Or early, depending on how you look at it!! Is that a typo?!" But you would be wrong. Because it IS, in fact, 04:32 as I type this. Well it's 04:33 now, but that's besides the point.

I actually am not sure why I'm awake right now. But I decided to blog about this thing called grace. The K-Ville website says, "Automatic grace will be called for less than 25 degrees or 2 inches of accumulated snow." Last time I checked, neither of these 2 criteria have anything to do with rain. Yes, I would rather sleep in my bed than in a tent right now. But blue tenting is so weak. I heard people complaining about it today. I will call this anonymous person Esteban to make him less one-dimensional. Esteban said something like, "OH MY GOODNESS TENTING SUCKS ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COLD OUT THERE AND STUFF!!!11!11one!!1" Esteban is so weak.

Jonathan came up with a great analogy today. Blue tenting is as weak as the handle of a Duke umbrella. Seriously, those things fall apart so easily.

So anyways, there's grace until further notice. Which will most likely be after the basketball game today. Yeah. Now it's time to sleep.

James Marsden is so ugly. My hair is so much better than his.

(Tim Lin) - 21:00
Well...I'm here for my first actual shift of blue tenting. I had a shift last night, but that was spent watching the tennis game. And then grace was called halfway through my shift. So that doesn't really count. So here I am. This is actually Esther's shift. Three hours later it will be Robert's shift. But here I am.

Yeah. Blue Tenting is kinda lonely. Only 1 person in the tent. Nobody to keep you company like there was with black tenting. Oh well.

So our first week of blue tenting is over. There were...2 nights of tenting. That's kinda weak. 4 were cancelled because of the snow. One of them was because it was raining (which I still don't understand). Meh.

Duke basketball won today. Yay. The game was closer than it should have been. But meh, we got it done.

I think I'll end all future posts with a line from a song that is stuck in my head at the moment. If you know the song, then good for you. You deserve a cookie.

"This brownie is yummy. It's the greatest brownie known to man!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment