Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday 2/09

(Laura Ezell) - 13:03
It's raining, thus I decided to spend my tent shift in the nice, dry overhang right outside of Cameron. Jon Scheyer walked past me twice, and I watched Brian Zoubek clean out his car for about 10 minutes. (Surreptitiously, obviously, otherwise that would have been creepy; I was also writing an essay.) Why he was doing this, I have no idea. But it's nice to know the Duke basketball players pay general attention to their cleanliness.

(Tim Lin) - 14:12
I saw Miles Plumlee get off of a C-1 at about 11:30. I assume he was coming back to West from a class on East that was either from 10:20 - 11:10 or from 10:05 - 11:15. I'm leaning toward the 2nd one.

This rain is annoying. I didn't really want to crawl into the Fortress because I would have gotten kinda wet doing that. And then I would have to crawl back out later. And I don't really want to get into the actual tent. Because that tent doesn't completely keep out water like the Fortress does. Maybe I'll go visit Will Parham in his tent. I saw him switch shifts with Ian Beatty as I walked into K-ville.

This is also the third or fourth tent shift I've had during which I resolved to do my math homework. And this is also the third or fourth tent shift I've had during which I did not do my math homework.

I also have another great idea. Since Laura has pink eye, she should sleep by herself in the actual tent. That can be the quarantine area for sickly peoples.

In other news that is completely unrelated to tenting, JAY SEAN LDOC 2010!! I'm so excited.

"Do you remember all of the times we had?"

(Tim Lin) - 17:07
So...if 6 people go to this weird Coke Zero thing tonight, we are one step closer to getting a night of grace. We have 4 people who said they would go. Hannah can probably go because she'll be in the tent anyways. Lewis and Esther aren't picking up their phones. Maybe they'll read this before they pick up their phones. I hope one of them comes. Yeah...


(Esther Showalter) - 20:00
Coke Zero, I am totally unimpressed. I want to know who was the brilliant person who woke up one morning and thought, "I know just what Dukies living in K-ville for a month would love: an office chair! With "Coke Zero" written on it!!" Honestly, proving that a matrix is invertible if and only if it's reduced row echelon form is the identity matrix was more exciting than that.

Here are some things you should have put in a goodie bag to make us love you:
Hand warmers
Waterproof tarps
Unleakable air mattresses and/or air mattress leak detectors and patches
Sheets of plywood/packing crates
Monster cookies
Duct tape - lots of it.
Duke Basketball Players

Know your audience, people.
And I bet when you do your spiel at UNC the UNC grad gets to talk and the Duke guy lurks around meekly in the background. Well, he probably wouldn't like lurking too well. Definitely not meekly. But it's still fickle of you.

"Just gimme a reason"

(Laura Ezell) - 22:45
The Kville angels strike again! And it turns out they aren't merely random; the basketball players get Cookout the night before the night before a game, and leftovers go to the tenters! I also saw the entire basketball team as they passed leaving Cameron. Finally, major props to Jonathan for saving the entire tent from infection!

No comments:

Post a Comment