Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday 2/10

(Jonathan) - 10:30
So last night I took Laura's place in the tent, since she has been diagnosed with the bubonic plague, anthrax and smallpox (of the eye). When I first decided to do this, I supposed that I would be sleeping through a mediocre-ly yucky night millimeters above freezing cold, treacherously wet ground. Little did I know I would actually be PARTYING ALL NIGHT LONG!!! Last night without a doubt made the "Best Nighttime Activities at Duke" list at least twice. I may have gone to bed at 0400, but sometimes 4 hours of sleep is more than enough. Apparently today is just one of those days. It's ruthlessly beautiful outside today: the stark blue skies are crystal-clear and ice-cold, with a wind to freeze hell ripping across campus. If this day had a name (it probably does: do you think God names his days?), it would be "Epic". Recommended listening for today includes Europe's The Final Countdown (of course), Iron Maiden's Aces High, and lots of good stuff from Snow Patrol. If you want to chill, go for Avett Bro's (who I'm down with lately, as per Eric / Michael Gay's recommendations) or Patty G., who is just the flying wins all over. Long live the Fortress!

(Tim Lin) - 12:02
Oh snap. Last night was so exciting. Nick, Jonathan, Lewis, and I got on top of Cameron while he was sleeping. Take that as you will.

"My life has killed the dream I dreamed."

(Robert Francis)- 13:26
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Tim just used a Les Mis quote! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! love. it.

(Lewis Purcell) -14:29
I haven't posted in forever. First, THANK YOU CLAIRE AND HANNAH"S MOTHERS!!! the sweets have been epic. Secondly, the women's UNC game was good - we won so sweetly and then the bench burning was pathetic, but Case and I are starting the Duke riot club so the next bench burning better be better. It might be tonight. Thirdly, the fortress has such a surprise for Coach K's birthday, it's gonna be epic!

(Robert Francis)-15:00
SOOOOO windy today. Many a tent has succumbed to the ferocious winds, but notice the Fortress (upper left corner) is still standing strong.


(Tim Lin) - 18:37
Looks like we have even more grace until tonight. Why? Because it's windy. Fail. If your tent can't stand because it's windy, then you don't deserve to be in K-ville. Seriously.

I'm excited that UNC is going to lose again. 4th time in a row.

"I know every mile will be worth my while..."



~*QUOTES OF THE DAY*~

(a series of out-of-context quotes that should by no means be taken at face value)


"My child with Laquinta (name changed for privacy) will be the most good looking!" ~Michael Gay

"How will I live? I'm just so fat!" - Hannah Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment