Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday 2/11

(Robert Francis) - 00:43
I leave the finer details of our fine sport to more qualified bloggers. But tonight, after the game, we went to meet the victorious warriors. As they disembarked from their vessel of triumph. We cheered, waved and get this...even TOUCHED their hands! That's right. I personally high-fived Scheyer, Mason, Zoubek, Singler, AND the might warlord-captain-commander-brigadier-lieutenant-general-chief-Coach K! Yes it was a good day indeed. Also, we have grace until twelve tomorrow. That means 4 of my daytime hours are gone! Victory!

(Esther Showalter) = 19:32
Oh and they turned the siren on right at 5:55 and told us we have grace till 9:30 for the women's basketball game. See everyone at RUF!

(Esther Showalter) - 16:24

CLAIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'M FINALLY IN THE TENT!!!!!!!!11 WHERE ARE THE CHOCOLATE BUNNIES!!!!!?????? CLAIREEEEEEEEEEE? BUNNIES?!!!!!!! -oooooooooooooooorh, there they are................. ...............mnfmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - ooh, gooey - mmmmnnmmmmgmmffflmffggggmllllllggmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................

My resolve to study abroad in England next semester has increased proportionally to the amount of calories in each bunny package. Mrs. McIvenny, may I visit you in August?

So my second daytime tent check ever was just completed between the typing of "m..................etc" and "My resolve". Grace til 17:30 means pounding my head with my Stat book in Wilson for 45 minutes...joy.

I finally have a random and out of context quote for the day. See below.


(Robert Francis)- 12:59
I am sitting in the tent with Elyn and we overheard the girl from the tarp next door describing her tarp. She said, "We're not The Fortress, we're not gay." She then went on to describe the miseries of black tenting and how their tarp fell down. Weak. Clearly there is some jealousy going on here...

(Robert Francis)- 11:15
It is a beautiful sunny day in K-Ville. Though grace is not yet over, I've come to relax and do homework. And this weather is great! Soooo much nicer than yesterday's icy torrent of windy-death. Last night was great and I can't wait 'til it happens again March 6. Should be a fantastic time. And a bee just kamikaze-d into my ear.

to copy Tim

"And what a lovely morning!...good mornin', GOOD MORNIN'!"

(Tim Lin) - 00:59
Apparently, when Robert is writing something, the blog deletes what I post. Oh well.

64-54!! DUKE > UNC!! They like to spell Duke as "dook." I'm really not quite sure why. I think all that proves is that they can't spell. I tried for a long time to think of something derogatory from the word "dook" but to no avail. The closest thing I can think of to an insult is that "dook" looks almost like "poop." But then again, so does every 4-lettered word with 2 o's in the middle. Yeah...I don't get it. I would counter that by spelling UNC as "yoo enn see," but that would just be lowering myself to their level. And if I do that, they'll beat me by experience. So yeah.

Anyways, I am with Robert. Though I know a bit about basketball, I feel as if it could be better described by someone else. Anyways, if Lewis tells you that Zoubek had an amazing game, don't listen to him. Because Zoubek's game was not all that amazing. He did probably 2 things that were amazing/pretty good. Everything else was just kinda good.

I, too, touched all of their hands. And I even took some fail pictures. Because I felt really awkward taking pictures. I feel like a paparazzi.

"I'm your greatest fan. I'll follow you until you love me..."

(Jake Purcell) -01:15
GO TO HELL CAROLINA! omg, anything that might have been bad in this world became good with the epic defeat of Carolina tonight. They kept us on the edge of our seats until suddenly Mason Plumlee (who touched my hand btw) made a backwards dunk - that was just the momentum we needed to shoot ahead and win by 10! I was the first to shake Zoubek's hand - he had such an awesome game and I gave a shout out to him on NBC17 - they don't have that video yet but they did have this pretty sweet one. http://durhamcounty.mync.com/site/durhamcounty/video/9823/Duke%20Students%20Watch%20UNC%20Game/

P.S - Coach K touched my hand and talked to us - it was sooooo cool! Tonight was our seniors 100th WIN!!!

(Tim Lin) - 21:43
I'm not actually in the tent. But I might be in K-Ville later tonight. Carrying out the exclusive super duper outrageous cool awesome mysterious unknown super secret. Yeah.

I also wanted to comment on the quote that Professor Dinwoodie apparently said. I do not remember him saying anything of that sort. Then again, I wasn't paying attention in class today. And I left class at...12:25 and class ends at 12:55. That probably explains why.

(Esther Showalter) - 21:55
Tim, what do you even come to class for if you're just going to leave before we get to the hurricanes?

~*QUOTES OF THE DAY*~

(a series of out-of-context quotes that should by no means be taken at face value)


"Jon Scheyer touched my hand!"~ Robert
"Actually me and Jon Scheyer made out for a little bit. You probably missed it."~Cameron
"..."~Tim

"...So my coin flip is a failure when I don't get a hurricane" - Prof. Dinwoodie

No comments:

Post a Comment